Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Get thee to a Cinema!

It’s the holiday season and some of you might find yourself with a bit of free time.  Perhaps you’ve taken a few extra days off from work or are in need of an excuse to escape the family gatherings.  Whatever the reason I would like to suggest you take the opportunity to venture to the cinema.  There are so many good films showing right now and I thought I might share a few of my reviews with you.  Don't worry, they're brief.  

Black Swan – All I can say is WTF?!  Psychological thriller fo’ sho’.  Even though I expected some craziness and plot twists, I was not prepared for all the chaos constructed in this film.  Fair warning to all you hemophobes or those who get squeamish over a simple paper cut: proceed with caution when viewing this film.

The Fighter – I have never liked Christain Bale more.  For a while I’d forgotten that he could do something other than fight bad guys and talk in a deep, mysterious voice (American Psycho seems so long ago).

True Grit – Perhaps not “true” Cohen brother’s style (for one the movie has an ending) but I really liked it.  I’d even go as far to say it’s one of my favorites from the whacked-out duo.

HP7 – Uh, yeah, it’s Harry Potter – not much else needs to be said about that.  However, if you are not an HP fan (tsk, tsk) you might not enjoy the film as much as the previous films.  You might also get lost in all the happenings going on with very little explanation from script.  The plot moves quickly but the action scenes are a bit lacking...in what I can't exactly figure out.  The scenes are very dark, a lot of action is heard and not seen and it's so fast, too fast in my opinion.  Okay, so this is not my favorite HP movie despite it being my favorite book.  Still, it was an adventure that I am glad I was able to witness…twice.

This is all I’ve seen thus far but will be posting my review of 127 Hours, Green Hornet, The Tourist, and Burlesque soon.

Happy Holliday Viewing!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment