Soon I will have a decision to make; two separate paths…"two roads diverged…" For me the road not taken isn’t labeled thus because no one else has followed it, but because it has been less traveled by me. I rarely chose the path that others expect me to. I’m sure to them my logic seems flawed or unplanned and maybe sometimes it has been. But I’ve yet to regret my choices, most of which have enriched my life a great deal. The fork in the road before me now seems different somehow. One path seems obvious and ordinary, the other odd and unpredictable. It is the second road that I would normally choose, the one less traveled by others. But perhaps it is time to choice a path that has “wanted wear” for my lack of having trodden there. Maybe I’m changing because I’ve aged (or because I’m tired).
As you acknowledge that both roads seem “really about the same” I imagine you making a list (as I often do) of pros and cons to weigh each option. They really are the same. Which leads me to wonder when you say “I shall be telling this with a sigh…I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference” if that is a good thing? Or is it with a heavy sigh that you look back on what your path could have been, what you might have missed? Maybe “all the difference” it will make is based on ones happiness with his decision. Ah, happiness, something much harder to gauge than power, advancement or money. Yet, much more satisfying, I think. I suppose it will make all the difference when I do finally decide. I think, perhaps, I already have.
Thanks Bob.
No comments:
Post a Comment